Tuesday, September 21, 2021

My almost non-existence empathy

I have been wondering for a very long time why I almost lose my empathy in this life. I do not put attention to my outer world, even if it's happen to my small circle of people. 

I am completely different from my own self a few years ago. People know me as empathetic person, loves to listen to their problems and know how not to judge their wrongdoing. I remember there is one point in my life I told my roommate that although I love to listen to people's problems, sometimes I felt a huge burden to bear the story. It's too much. 

I think this is happening to me for around two years now. I lose my interest in people's problems. Imam Ghazali said that we need to balance our 'anger', 'nafsu' and 'ilmu'. If anger wins over others, people tend to kill each other. If anger loses from others, people will lose the ghirah or motivation to help Islam/ Muslim. 

I feel fatigued to care about things that I have no control over. But I think my ignorance is too much, to the point that I think that I am not a good person anymore. The most related post I've encountered in Facebook is from The Usuli: 


I hope this is just part of a phase in my life. Losing interest in people can be very comforting but at the same time very alarming. 



No comments:

Post a Comment